Monday, August 13, 2012

Evangelism - The Lord's Way

The Lord has been speaking to me lately about evangelism and this is what He said:

"There is so much coming on the earth shortly and so many people will be unprepared but My children will not be unprepared, for I am speaking to each one individually and imparting to each one individually My plans for them in this hour.  My children will draw many more to Me in these dark times, for My light shines in My children and this light will draw those to Me who don't yet know Me and who desire to know Me.  Others will run from My light, for their hearts have been hardened and they don't want to know Me.  But for those who do want to know Me, the light within My blessed children will guide them to Me.  You don't have to go out and preach, for My light in you will draw the people I want to Me through you.  I will bring to you those to whom I want you to speak My word.  Don't feel it is your duty to speak to anyone I have not drawn to you.  This is how it will be with all My children in these days - I will draw to them those who want to know Me.  If I have not drawn to you a particular person it is because I have other plans for them.

I want you to speak to My children about evangelism.  I will place in the hearts of each of My children a desire to draw others to Me.  Then I will draw those to them who want to know Me in their hearts.  There is no point in preaching My word to those whose hearts are hardened to Me.  Leave it up to Me to draw to you those to whom I want you to speak My word.  I know in advance who will accept My word and who will not.  For some it is already too late, for they have chosen to reject Me, but there are many who know Me not but in their hearts want to know Me.  Those are the ones I will draw to My children. They will see My light within My children and this will draw them."

John 8:12 (NKJV)
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.

John 12:46 (NKJV)
46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

Matthew 5:14 (NKJV)
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

Psalm 27:1 (NKJV)
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Isaiah 2:5 (NKJV)
5 O house of Jacob, come and let us walk In the light of the Lord.


                                                      ************************

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie,

    These words very accurately reflect what has been occurring in my life. I have had some pretty heavy conversations with friends God has placed in our lives fairly recently.

    People are hurting from the effects of sin in their lives, and the sin in others that effects them, is heavily pressing down. They want a way out. My heart aches for them and I feel an urgency to share the true heart of the Lord, not the watered down God the world tries to portray today. But a real God who has great mercy and love to preserve those who honestly seek Him and are willing to obey our Creator.

    These conversations don't come from a script, or evangelism training, but God speaks to their heart through us. I really feel Him working in lives to snatch as many from the fire as possible. We serve an amazing and merciful God.

    Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PrairieMae, thank you for your comment. It is wonderful what God is doing in our lives in these end times. We are seeing many people being led out of established churches and into smaller groups and becoming closer to God than they have ever been. In a sense we are becoming the foundations of a church without walls. Instead of drawing people into churches, I believe that God is sending us out into the world as His light to draw others to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! God called us out of the church 4 years ago. We are closer to the Lord now than we have ever been in our entire lives. This is no mistake. God has a plan, you are right, of a church without walls!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your posting!

    I needed to be reminded, that it may not be God's will to preach to all. Just the other day, our family interacted with a couple who showed us that their hearts had already hardened against the Holy Spirit. Anytime one of us mentioned Jesus or God, they would exchange those looks between them that screamed "I warned you about this; they're Jesus freaks, just block out whatever they say..." They seemed to expect us to give them clothes and money to them, for they had less than we did, and I sensed they expected believers to be a soft-touch. But my God was telling me not to give them money, for they needed to see where it was coming from, but they refused to do so. It was hard for me to realize that there really may be those out there, who's hearts have hardened beyond the point of return...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreamsofdunamis -
      Thank you for sharing your experience. It is natural for us to want to give to people in need and try to help them, but it is so important to seek the Lord’s guidance even in those situations, as in your case where He told you not to give money to the couple.
      May the Lord bless you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Yes bonnie, we here have many, even "christians" tell us "we don't want to hear anymore, don't talk to us anymore" and we can only oblige. We have done our part and trust god to do the rest, if it can be done.

    Thanks for your faithfulness in posting.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie God Bless you & all of God's Children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And may the Lord bless you, too, Theron!

    ReplyDelete

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED.