Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Don't Be Entangled with the World

"You don't want to be entangled with the things of this world, My daughter, for there is nothing alive in them.  There is life only in Me, in being close to Me and being in My word.

Spend more time in My word so that I can impart My Spirit into your spirit so that we become one in spirit.  My word is your meat and drink and will sustain you in the times to come.  Eat My words; take them into your spirit and you shall live. There is so much coming, My daughter, and unless you feed on My word now, you may be ill prepared for what is coming. Store My word in your heart and you will be well prepared.

Share this word with My children. Tell them not to waste time with the world's pleasures but to concentrate on My word instead.

Look after your family but spend as much time with Me as you can."


John 6:57 (NKJV)
As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

John 6:35 (NKJV)
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life.  He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Psalm 119:11 (NKJV)
Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.


                                                      ************************

10 comments:

  1. Very timely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. It came right when I was wondering if I needed to focus on my 'to-do' list. Now I have confirmation on where He wants my focus...with HIM...

    Thank you for being so obedient to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina and dreamsofdunamis - thank you both for your comments and encouragement. May the Lord bless you and your families!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another timely Word, Thank you! I had been feeling guilt over being torn between all the work that needs done around here- all day, every day - and the urging I have been feeling to get into the Word. It is good to know I should lay aside the guilt and spend more time with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PrairieMae - Remember that if we put Him first in our lives, He will give us the time we need for everything else.

      Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

      Delete
  5. The corollary of this Word is, "don't use me as an excuse not to get your work done". Sometimes I'm so caught up in the Word, enjoying, that I forget about things that need to be done, and I'm woken out of it to the sound of the broom banging on the floor above me. "yes Dear, I'm coming"......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, the last sentence of my post does state, "Look after your family but spend as much time with Me as you can." ;)

      Delete
    2. Just fortifying that thought ;-)

      The entanglements of the world are incredible, sometimes subtle, but all around dangerous. Our son was selling his home in the city and we tried to convey God's direction to move away from the city. God put obstacles in his way selling the home, giving him time to listen, but after a year and a half did sell it. When he told us they found a perfect house to buy then shared it was his choice not his wife's, but it was perfect because it was "kind of out in the country" but everything he wanted was close by. God was pulling him away but he insisted on staying amongst his distractions.

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the lateness in replying to your last comment ... you could say I have been caught up with worldly distractions and hadn't checked my blog! That is an interesting story about your son. I pray that being "kind of out in the country" will be far enough away for safety. However, I don't believe our safety will be in our physical position but in our spiritual position. Let's face it, children don't always listen to their parents. One of my sons is married to a lovely American lady who has family in the States and he does not want me to say anything to her about what I believe is coming to America. I just pray for their eyes to be opened and for protection for my daughter-in-law's family. I guess that's all we can do - keep upholding our children to the Lord and allow Him to speak to them direct.

      Delete
  6. I was so lifted when I read this, I just wanted to comment- It just made me feel good all over.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED.