Saturday, July 28, 2012

Reflections on Retirement and Our Refuge and Strong Tower

Saturday 28 July 2012 

Reflections on Retirement

After being retired for all of four weeks I thought I would comment on how things are working out.  It has been interesting.  When I first talked of retiring a few people cautioned me, believing I would be bored and regret my decision.  Also I was told that I must have a plan ready to implement on retirement.  With working for so many years I hadn't managed to make time to become involved in any all-consuming hobby to fill my days and I did not have any real plans for after I retired.  However, I believed the Lord had told me He wanted me to retire at the end of June as time was short and He had plans for me.  So I decided to obey the Lord, not knowing His plans for my future, and I gave my boss over two months' notice.  

I recall the first three days at home, when I normally would have been at work, wandering around the house wondering what to do.  After that, I found plenty to do to keep me occupied, not the least of which is this Blog.  I am not missing working and indeed I must admit I am enjoying the stress free days.  For those from my former workplace who may be reading this, please be assured that I miss your company, just not the work!

I am learning to slow down, feel the sun on my face and take time to smell the roses! Today is the most glorious sunny and warm day imaginable, considering it is winter Downunder!  I have just returned from a 30 minute walk which I try to do on the days I am home.

I haven't posted everything the Lord has been saying to me as some things are specifically for myself or close family members.  However I received this a few days ago:


Our Refuge and Strong Tower

"There is more coming than you could possibly imagine, My daughter, but you must not fear or be over-concerned ahead of time for I will walk with you every day, each step of the way, and I will be your refuge and strong tower during the bad times.  Keep close to Me and keep in tune with My Spirit.

Abide in Me each moment of the day and you will be safe under the shadow of My wings."

Psalm 61:3,4 (NKJV)
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.

************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED.