Sunday, June 17, 2012

Freedom in the Spirit

The Lord has been speaking to me about how much freedom in the spirit I will experience when I  retire in two weeks' time.  I have been working since I was 15 years old, apart from a number of years off while raising my children.  I will soon be free to decide what I want to do with my days without the thought of having to go to work.  Mind you, I have enjoyed the 35 minute trip to work three days a week for close to three years, driving past green fields and cows, not to mention the company of my co-workers. It was a good move to drop down from five days to three, easing into retirement.  Having a boss who took his staff out to lunch every Friday was an added bonus and one I hadn't experienced in any previous job, so the past three years have been quite enjoyable. 

However, the time has come for me to hang up my conveyancing skills.  Having to work to earn a living for so many years left me with little free time to pursue hobbies and other interests.  Retirement will mean having more time to not only pursue hobbies, but also to spend more time with family and friends and, most importantly, having time to spend with the Lord during the day, instead of spending small amounts of time at the end of each day or in the early hours of the morning.   
  
This is part of what the Lord said to me yesterday morning:

"Everything is going to change after you retire, My daughter.  Everything will be different, for then you will be free to do My work without hindrances .... You are going to enjoy this time, My daughter.  You will know a freedom in your spirit you have not known before. 

Now, My daughter, you have come to the place or time in your life when you must rely on Me alone for your every need and I promise you I will not fail you in My provision for you."

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - NKJV -Everything Has Its Time
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven.

                                                        ************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED.