Thursday, March 29, 2012

Word on When to Retire


Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Last December my boss told me that my part time job may turn into a full time position, as he had bought out another practice, and I told  him then that I did not want to work full time. However, I did work full time for two weeks in January and broke the back of the workload.  Then my boss told me he wanted me back to working three days a week, which suited me fine.

I had an operation nearly two weeks ago on my nose to straighten my deviated septum, which should result in better sleep at night when the swelling  has subsided.  After my operation The Lord told me that when I am better he would talk to me about retiring.  Today He told me that when I return to work, after a few days when I have settled in, I am to speak to my boss and tell him I want to retire at the end of June.  Then if he finds someone earlier I can retire earlier, but that would give him a couple of months to find someone.

I have been working for 50 years, since I was 15 years old, apart from a period of 7 years after having my children, and I expect it may seem a little strange when I no longer have a job to go to.  However, I believe the Lord has something more important for me to do for Him in these last days and I don't want to hang onto my job for the sake of the money, when I believe so strongly that the Lord is on His way!   Hallelujah!

                                                     ************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED.